Exercise 16: Reading and Writing Files
If you did the Study Drills from the last exercise you should have seen all sorts of commands (methods/functions) you can give to files. Here's the list of commands I want you to remember:
- close -- Closes the file. Like File->Save.. in your editor.
- read -- Reads the contents of the file. You can assign the result to a variable.
- readline -- Reads just one line of a text file.
- truncate -- Empties the file. Watch out if you care about the file.
- write('stuff') -- Writes "stuff" to the file.